Conservation Days Brings 4th Graders to Paonia River Park Again!
On April 25th and 26th, the Conservation Center once again welcomed Delta County 4th-graders to the Paonia River Park for our annual Conservation Days field trip!
350 students engaged in a fun-filled day, learning about everything from the bugs who live in Minnesota Creek to how watersheds accumulate pollution to a tour of the North Fork Valley historical society. With over 60 volunteers coming together for this event, it was an engaging and exciting event for students and adults alike. Check out this great article in the Delta County Independent!
A day of experiential learning!
We would like to thank the 10 partnering organizations who shared their knowledge and expertise with students:
– North Fork Historical Society
– U.S. Forest Service / Paonia Ranger District
– Delta Conservation District
– Solar Energy International
– Paonia Artists
– West Elk Mountain Rescue
– Hotchkiss National Fish Hatchery
– Western Slope Conservation Center
– Black Canyon Audubon Society / Bird Conservancy of the Rockies
– Colorado Parks and Wildlife
Conservation Days couldn’t happen without the generous support of local organizations and businesses.
Thanks to our sponsors!